Next weekend is Dragon Con! Be prepared for about 85,000 fans of science fiction, fantasy and gaming to cluster to our city Aug. 29-Sept. 2 for the annual pop culture celebration. If you plan on partaking....or simply being in downtown Atlanta on Labor Day weekend, here are a few helpful tips on how to navigate the streets of Dragon Con:
- LOCATIONS — Dragon Con takes place at:
- AtlantasMart buildings 1 & 2
- five host hotels — Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Marriott Marquis, Hilton Atlanta, Westin Peachtree, and Sheraton Atlanta.
- TAKE MARTA — don't try and drive..or even Uber for that matter, traffic will be nuts!
- TICKETS — Dragon Con is implementing a new ticket system. You must sign up for a Dragon Con membership to attend the festival and once the transaction is completed, fans will receive an email with a unique QR code to be shown along with a government-issued ID to pick up badges at registration. Cash will also still be accepted at registration counters.
- PARADE — kicks off at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 31 — begins at the intersection of Peachtree Street and Linden Avenue. The parade will head south on Peachtree, east (left) on Andrew Young International Boulevard and north (left) on Peachtree Center Avenue. It will end on Peachtree Center Avenue between John Portman Boulevard and Baker Street, in front of the Atlanta Marriott Marquis.
Have Fun! :)
photos from getty images