Happy Valentine's Day---or not. I guess it depends where you live. WalletHub’s data team compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 23 key indicators of dating-friendliness.
Best States for Singles
5 South Dakota
9 District of Columbia
Who knew Washington was so sexy?
Best vs. Worst
- The District of Columbia has the highest share of single adults, 69.58 percent, 1.8 times higher than in Utah, which has the lowest at 38.44 percent.
- North Dakota has the lowest unemployment rate for single population, 4.58 percent, 3.5 times lower than in Mississippi, which has the highest at 15.81 percent.
- The District of Columbia has the most full-service restaurants per 100,000 residents, 124.48, 2.3 times more than in Utah, which has the fewest at 54.59.
- New Hampshire has the most fitness and recreational facilities per 100,000 residents, 16.54, 2.9 times more than in Hawaii, which has the fewest at 5.76.
- Wyoming has the most movie theaters per 100,000 residents, 4.49, 5.2 times more than in Louisiana, which has the fewest at 0.86.
- Vermont has the lowest violent-crime rate per 100,000 residents, 118, 10.8 times lower than in the District of Columbia, which has the highest at 1,269.